The Andre Reed Foundation makes grants to organizations that are tax exempt under the IRS Code 501 (c)(3).
The Andre Reed Foundation supports organizations in the following communities:
- The Allentown-Bethlehem area of Pennsylvania
Grants are made for general operating support, project or program support, and scholarships. Grants are not made to individuals, nor are they made for religious or political purposes. Priority is given to organizations benefitting children.
Grants can range from $500 to $10,000 and are made on a one-year basis. No more than one request from an organization will be considered within a twelve-month period.
The Andre Reed Foundation is a not-for-profit, tax-exempt organization under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your gift is tax deductable to the fullest extent allowed by law.
How to Apply
Deadline for grant requests is July 1. Grants are generally awarded in September.
Applications should include two (2) copies of the proposal and the "Proposal Cover Sheet." These must be collated by applicants. The narrative portion of the official proposal must not exceed two (2) pages. Please number pages.
The following information is required in the proposal:
- Name and purpose of the applicant organization
- Purpose of the grant
- Special nature of the project with emphasis on its innovative qualities
and potential impact
- Leadership involved in the project
- Amount of funds requested; amount of funds needed
- Other funds available or anticipated
- Most recent fiscal year financial report and annual budget
- Leadership of the organization, including Board of Trustees/Directors
- One copy of the following should be submitted:
Determination letter showing that the organization is tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) and that it is not a private foundation under Section 509(a)of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Grant submission deadline is July 1 with notification in September.
- All materials must be submitted to:
Andre Reed Foundation
c/o Chip Hurd
5926 Michael’s Crossing
Orefield, PA 18069